There are so many benefits to connecting children with nature.
Sure, nature can be messy and dirty. It can also bring so many benefits to a child...
- Increases sensory awareness.
- Connects them to the world of plants and animals.
- Promotes well being.
- Teaches them to look and listen.
- Builds on physical abilities and co-ordination.
- Increases independence and self confidence.
- Encourages thinking and problem solving skills.
- Nurtures their sense of wonder with the world.
- Allows them to be, and relax.
- Offers opportunities to explore and discover.
- Connects them with their inner self.
- Teaches them to care and protect our environment.
- Enables them to observe and watch, and learn.
- Promotes fitness and health.
Go on, let them sink their hands into mud. Let them climb that tree. Let them roll down that grassy hill. Let them run. Let them roll in the sand down the beach.
Connecting with nature is vital and therapeutic. It costs nothing and it soothes the soul.