5 Pretend Play activities to do at home with Preschoolers.
I have used all of these ideas numerous times in my day care, they are always a hit and don’t require too many props to set up. If you can add a few ‘real’ pieces to the mix, little people love this.
- Teddy bear’s picnic outside with chamomile tea and cupcakes.
- Set up a café or pizza shop using recycled boxes or empty food containers.
- Set up a Veterinarian clinic with a play doctors set and soft toys.
- Set up an office with notepads, calculators, and telephone.
- Washing a baby doll with tub of water, soap suds and flannel.
5 Gross Motor / Physical Activities to do at home with your Preschooler.
These activities are great for using us some of that endless energy.
Gross motor activities helps children by developing: muscle strength, endurance, balance, coordination & postural control. Not to mention self confidence and a healthy outlook on life.
- Obstacle Course.
- Dance, sing and boogie the house down.
- Yoga for children. Try Cosmic Kids Yoga on UTube – it’s awesome!
- Hula hoops (you can use these in your obstacle course too.)
5 FamilyTime activities to do at home with Preschoolers.
I love family bonding sessions. Simply playing with your children and being fully engaged with them create meaningful moments and memories with your children.
- Pull out the family photo’s from past holidays & talk about family memories.
- Show them their baby album.
- Play charades, you can keep it simple for little people. Theme it – nursery rhymes or kids movies.
- Play ‘musical statues’.
- Hold a family meeting. The agenda can be anything from planning the next family holiday to a creating a vision board collage on weekend activities. Little people love being involved in decision making and their ideas acknowledged.